I am afraid I opted out of all the "Ostrom" fever that has been keeping the blogosphere busy in recent days.
It is sad to admit that the majority of "environmental economists" that I know including experts on the "commons" had little recognition of the name. Of course this is our failing as "mainstream economists" I expect.
To remedy this here is a selection of Ostrom's papers - for FREE. The remarkable thing about these papers is that I have published in some of these journals and it is not just a list of Econometricas and AERs. There is hope for us all.
* The value-added of laboratory experiments for the study of institutions and common-pool resources
Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Volume 61, Issue 2, 2006, Ostrom, E.
* Local enforcement and better forests
World Development, Volume 33, Issue 2, 2005
Gibson, C.C., Williams, J.T., Ostrom, E.
* The contested role of heterogeneity in collective action: Some evidence from community forestry in Nepal
World Development, Volume 29, Issue 5, 2001
Varughese, G., Ostrom, E.
* Dilemma games: Game parameters and matching protocols
Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Volume 46, Issue 4, 2001, Schmidt, D., Shupp, R., Walker, J., Ahn, T.K., Ostrom, E.
* The concept of scale and the human dimensions of global change: A survey
Ecological Economics, Volume 32, Issue 2, 2000
Gibson, C.C., Ostrom, E., Ahn, T.K.
MORE FREE OSTROM paper: