Whilst I hope that being taught by me on the undergraduate BSc Economics programme or MSc in Environmental Economics and Natural Resources would be enough to attract you to Birmingham, just in case this video cannot fail to tempt you.
At least you can now see the city where we work in full 1970's colour.
This is Telly Savalas (Kojak to younger or should that be older readers) selling Birmingham at a cinema near you.
1. Selling a motorway through the city as a positive point.
2. No cars on said motorways - now effectively a car park in rush hour.
3. All the modern buildings have been or are being pulled down (despite being built for the 21st century).
4. The over 40's dancing competition - Birmingham has still got it.
5. English pubs in shopping centres.
6. Modern rail terminal about to be pulled down.
7. There are some nice bits.
8. Taxis and buses are the same as now I am sure.
All I will say is that Birmingham is a little better now (although the heavily conjested motorways right through the middle of the city remain).