Friday, December 08, 2006

The Branson Interview: Born again Green

Following up on a couple of previous posts on this blog concerned with the UK's most famous entrepreneur and all round crusader for ... well, kind of everything, we now report on his latest interview with Amanda Griscom Little.

Strike It Richard

A fine read indeed but like David Roberts of Gristmill I feel I must share the following paragraph with the readers of this blog. David says "This passage from Amanda's interview with Richard Branson really resonates with me".

I would have to agree wholeheartedly.

Have you become a born-again environmentalist? If so, how has your climate activism changed your own personal lifestyle?

Well, I think I've always been an environmentalist. I've been fortunate enough to have an island in the Caribbean; when I was 26 years old, I managed to buy it for $100,000. It's a beautiful little jewel. And so every day that I live there or I'm on holiday there, looking out, it's just something that's perfect. It connects me to the awe and beauty of the natural world, and reminds me that we must be a generation devoted to preserving this beauty, not destroying it.

How do I sign up?

No comments: