Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Images for "Environmental Economics"?

It is the time of year when I consider changes/updates to the content of my undergraduate course in "Environmental Economics".

Last year I spent the first 10 minutes of the course showing a series of dated images of environmental degradation, pollution damage, smoke stacks, hurricane damage, oil spills and similar images in an attempt to provide some context to the question of why studying environmental economics is a worthwhile pursuit for an undergraduate economist.

The images are however of rather poor quality. One source that I have come across recently is from planetark.com - I have added a new link to "green issues" on the sidebar.

For those concerned that such material should have no place in a University lecture you can be sure that there will be no shortage of equations to grapple with from lecture 2 onwards :-)

No comments: